Still Looking For That Perfect Gift?
December 06, 2016
Skip the cliched socks, scented candles, bath bombs and fountain pens. Here are 6 unique gift ideas that will be perfect for that hard-to-please someone this holiday season.
The Pohutukawa tree is found primarily in coastal areas and it's bright, spiky red flowers are their most vibrant around Christmas time. Since so many of us Kiwis love to spend Christmas day at the beach (of course, it's Summer at Christmas for us) naturally, Pohutukawa has become an iconic symbol of a Kiwi Christmas.
Pohutukawa Honey has just become available in the USA and it has recently been awarded the #1 New Release award in Amazon. If you taste it you'll understand why. At $15 it's an affordable, sweet gift.
Hot Sauce Lovers Fiery Two Pack
These unique and flavorful hot sauces have been popular as a man-who-has-everything gift, and they also make a great Secret Santa present as they span ages, genders and tastes.
The Kaitaia Fire sauce is a traditional chili pepper hot sauce but the barrel ageing process gives it a fantastic smooth, non-vinegary taste.
The Waha Wera Habanero sauce is a sweeter hot sauce made with two iconic New Zealand flavors: Kiwifruit and manuka honey. I have a limited number of of these already packed up together in a gift box so if you're ordering for a gift please let me know. $19 for the set.
Tea and Drinking Honey
Organic Zealong tea and manuka drinking honey were made for each other.
Zealong Organic tea comes in Black, Oolong and Green pyramid tea bags. I've packed them together with the Belixir Manuka Drinking Honey which has been certified at mg83 (equivalent to UMF 5+).
Again, I have a limited number of these already packed in gift boxes and ready to go just let me know on your order if you're ordering for a gift. Together they're $39.
Vanilla Gift Packs
Heilala Vanilla is the world's most awarded vanilla and you only need to take the lid off and smell it to realize it's the real thing. Of course, any of the Heilala Vanilla range makes a great give in itself, but if you're looking for a gift pack, I've got two styles ready to go:
The Baker's Pack, which is Heilala Vanilla Sugar, Ground Powder and a big bottle of Pure Vanilla Extract, $30 for the trio;
and the Vanilla Lovers Pack, which is Heilala Vanilla Syrup, Vanilla Sugar and Ground Vanille Powder - great for flavoring coffee, pancakes and smoothies - $33 for all three.
Tahi Honey Gift Packs
Tahi Honey know how to do things well and their gift packs are no exception. They have two gift packs available this holiday season:
The Taste Gift Pack, which is a 280gm glass jar of the Forest Honey and a 280gm glass jar of the Manuka. It's just $45 and is a great introduction to this amazing honey.
For the more serious Manuka Honey fan, Tahi have also put out a Premium Gift Pack which is a 280gm glass jar of each of the UMF 15+ and UMF 10+ which is on special for the holidays at $89.
Zealong Sampler Tin
A perfect gift for any tea lover, all 5 of the Zealong loose leaf flavors come in this lovely gift sampler tin. From the tightly rolled, green balls of oolong tea leaves which steep to a golden tea; to the dark brown twists of black tea leaves which steep to a full bodied dark amber tea; to the loose green leaves which steep to a golden green tea. From your first sip you can taste the purity of New Zealand's only commercially grown organic tea.
Enjoy 3 - 4 infusions of the green and black and 6 - 8 infusions of the tightly rolled oolong teas. Only $12
- Hot Cross Buns
- How to Make an Epic Cheese or Charcuterie Board
- Celebrating International Chef's Day with Our Favorite Fall Recipes
- Honoring my Mum
- The 5 Best Iced Tea Recipes for Summer
- 5 Tips For Choosing A Healthy Breakfast Cereal
- 12 Nutty Ways to Eat Peanut Butter
- Onion Balsamic and Goat's Cheese Stuffed Chicken
- Avocado and Bacon Pasta Salad
- 10 Easy Recipes for Gluten Free Baking
- A Culinary Tour of New Zealand
- Where to Eat Like a New Zealander in the USA
- Tea History and Health Benefits
- Manuka Honey Skin Care 101
- 7 Things To Know Before You Get A Sports Massage
- Everything You Need to Know About Where The Best Coffee Beans Are Grown
- The Eco-Friendly Alternative to Plastic Wrap
- 7 Great Ways To Eat Pears This Fall
- Changing Seasons, Salad and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Healthy Summer Recipes
- Father's Day Gift Guide
- 7 manuka honey elixir recipes
- Fabulous Foodie Gifts for Mom
- Haraaz Yemeni Coffee Review
- Zealong's New Super Tea Blends
- Cool Stuff About Hot Sauce
- The Art and Science of Tea Picking and Processing at Zealong Tea Estate
- Houston Restaurant Weeks Raised Over $2 Million for The Houston Food Bank
- 9 Natural Remedies to Get You Through the Sniffle Season
- 7 Easy Festive Cocktails and Mocktails
- Still Looking For That Perfect Gift?
- Food and Gratitude: 3 Awesome Vanilla Cranberry Sauce Recipes
- Why Belixir Manuka Honey is the Best Honey for Tea
- 9 Times When You Should Use Ground Vanilla Powder Instead of Vanilla Extract
- Zealong Tea Now Available in The USA: Read Why Zealong Tea is the World's Purest Tea
- 9 healthy coconut oil recipes
- 6 reasons hot sauce is good for your health
- 11 recipes that prove vanilla is just as good savory as it is sweet
- What water does for your wine
- Why honey is on the top most fraudulent foods list
- Are you game? Warning: proceed with caution
- My 41 favorite uses for virgin coconut oil
- Have fun with your kids in the kitchen this summer (and an awesome kid-friendly banana bread recipe)
- Nature is our business (and what the people at Tahi Honey are doing about that)
- The difference between vanilla essence and vanilla extract (and how to make your own at home)
- The surprising worst and best throat lozenge ingredients
- 7 wonders from the Heilala Vanilla Plantation
- 7 researched benefits of manuka honey
- 4 out of 5 jars of manuka honey are fake